Thursday, September 3, 2009

What am I gonna be?


We were doing our nightly routine when Zachary sits with us for a few minutes before he goes to bed. Well this night daddy was at the fire department, so it was just me and Zachary.
Zachary looks at me and says, "Mom, what am I gonna be when I grow up?"
"Well Zachary you can be whatever you want to when you grow up....you can be a fire fighter, a doctor, an astronaut..." I said as I got cut off.
"Mom, I want to ride that Bullet Train with Cody." Zachary says. (Cody is all the time talking about riding bullet trains when he grows up.)
I told him that was fine and then he says, "Do you think Cody is going to drive the bullet train?"
"Well, probably Zachary because Cody wants to be a train engineer when he grows up."
And Zachary says, "Well then I guess I'll ride beside him."
I thought first that was the cutest thing ever because he would let Cody be exactly what he wants to be and he would settle for just riding beside him and then secondly that he wants to spend the rest of his life with Cody. I pray that God continues to grow them closer to Him and closer to each other as they grow older. Zachary loves his brother, Cody and ask for him all day until he comes home from school.
Thanks God for two precious little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment