Well....we just returned from our 4th or 5th visit to the emergency room. Cody and Zachary were riding their scooters and ran into each other. Somehow Cody's finger got caught in between the two scooters and a bolt. It took off the end, right side and top of his pinky finger.
Yes, Mommy freaked....I just don't handle these things very well. The X-ray showed no broken bone even though the tip of the bone was right at the point it sheared. They had it looked at by a hand specialist and he saw no tendon, muscle or nail bed issues. The biggest concern is infection.
Any of you that know us are dying to ask.....was Bryan home? Well that is the silliest question ever! Not only was he not home but he is out of town in the Western NC mountains doing fire training. I hope he is enjoying this trip because it might just be his last.... :)
Cody really wants to go to school tomorrow, what a trooper! We will see. He is already upset that he can't put his hand in his pocket, he can't sanitize, he can't get it wet...well then won't it be growing germs, how am I going to write, etc. I am praying that there will be no infection, he will have a fast recovery and that coping will be easier then he thinks.
God gently reminded me that no matter how much we as Mom's want to fix it....God is the Healer. It's easy to forget that our most precious treasures are God's and ultimately He is in control. As I was crying (just getting it out) on the way to the hospital Cody ask, "Mommy what are you crying for...I am just fine!" Mommy's think in fast forward, what will they do, they are going to have to clean it out, what if he needs surgery, what if.....So as I stopped my tears and my reeling brain I said, "Cody we are going to be ok, God will be there for us." And He was........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment