Friday, January 8, 2010

Boyfriend's and Santa


Well today Zachary comes running into the living room and ask me, "Mom, where is the North Pole" I pointed up and told him it is way north. "Well how can we get there?" We can't really go there it's very far away and very cold. "Well, well...I really need to go there and talk to Santa Claus." After many questions he never would tell me why, but Mommy has her suspicions. Zachary got a Nintendo DS and Cody has begged to play it since day one. The constant discussion is who gets to play the DS, so I have a feeling he was going to tell Santa he needed to give Cody one too so they wouldn't have to share his.

Zachary is very sensitive and caring. He is always aware of others feeling....what a awesome trait God blessed him with.

A few weeks ago Cody came running in from school to announce how much he liked his boyfriend Tyler. I about choked and started hyperventilating but calmed down to say, "BOYFRIEND?"

"Cody, do you know what it means to say someone is your boyfriend?" Well yeah mom, it means they are your friend.....I began to sigh and then said, "Well if you said you had a girl friend it would mean you really liked a girl so much you loved her and might want to hold her hand." Cody then began screaming YUCK!!!!! "So if you call someone your boyfriend it means..." MOM, YUCK!!!! I just meant he was my best friend.

Whooo...Ok, well now that we have that covered....I feel a lot better. I also am loving the innocence of a 7 year old, first grader. He is clueless about the girls and what the "language" around it all means. I know this won't last forever, but for now I am enjoying the innocence of young hearts.

I pray for all the GIRLS who will enter both of my boys lives. I pray they are godly, strong christian women who will be great friends and support to them. And when the time comes for them to date and marry I pray God blesses their lives with fun, joy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment